Thursday, October 6, 2011

Adventures in Durango

Fall is here! I can't believe how fast summer went by this year. I am actually still shocked that October is here already! My husband just got home from a looooooong business trip and so we decided to go to one of our favorite cities in Colorado to get some family time. On our way to Durango we were able to enjoy the changes that fall brings. Here are some of the pictures we took:

Some of the beautiful scenes on the way there

We stopped for a river break



Phillip exploring
He found some prickles
Daddy can fix it!




Waiting for the train....



"Pretend you see a train guys!"

Phillip's real reaction to the train whistle


Collecting our squished pennies






Day 2







4 comments:

  1. I loved the pictures, especially the ones, Kids on a Rock.
    Lot of memories in the smashed pennies, many kids never get to do that. Exciting, I remember as a kid, what a time.
    Thanks for the family beauty,
    Sherry & jack in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to go look up Durango, nice area. We have friends down in Bloomfield, NM. Drove thru there last year. BTW, I love the steam engine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments on my blog, "Jack69"! I have enjoyed that you are enjoying our adventures :)
    I have also enjoyed exploring your blog!
    I'm surprised with your travel experience you haven't stayed in Durango. I highly recommend you do. It is such a beautiful drive and there is lots of adventure to be had there. They have a train museum and you can ride the train if you choose. I don't recommend going in winter though. Curvy mountain roads+ice+rv= not fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen,
    I read a blog of a pastor's wife in Durango. Linny---I think I told you about her....Durango is a beautiful place, at least from the pictures Linny posts....
    And, yes, winter is brutal...also from Linny's blog...If Bob and I take another trip to the Left coast, we want to come thru Colo.....He has never been to Colo...Friends in Wash. state want us to come and visit...Maybe!!
    Love from NC

    ReplyDelete