Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Thanksgiving Adventure

Thanksgiving has long since been my favorite holiday. It's a standing reminder of the way our country began. For me, it is truly a time to be thankful for the many blessings in my life!

Our family lives miles away from any relatives. As Thanksgiving approached this year I went in to panic mode because we had no plans to go anywhere and no one was planning to visit us. I thought, how can we possibly do Thanksgiving without relatives or friends or at least a homeless person!?!?! My dear husband eased my mind when he said, "no" I do not want to travel this year. Let's just do our own Thanksgiving. I am jealous of our families getting together and having fellowship without us, however it all worked out. This Thanksgiving I am happy to report that we are happy and full of joy in spite of being by ourselves this year. Maybe after 6 years of living miles away we are actually starting to put roots down.
The following is a picture montage (minus the music and special effects) of our day:

An attempt to get a family picture:




This is my favorite:

What are you thankful for?

Grace: I'm thankful for my family, food, a roof over our heads. "Oh and the Bible, which I forgot to read last night and this morning."
Robbie: I'm thankful for God, family and friends.



Sophie: I'm thankful for food (as she swallows a deviled egg whole, and 2 more after that).


Robert: I am thankful for a family that supports me.


Jennifer: I'm thankful for the Indians that helped the pilgrims survive their first years here in a new country.


A little leftover Spaghetti for Phillip's lunch.

Basting the ham.





Homemade pumpkin pies from a home pureed pumpkin
plus homemade whip cream!
Our recipes (and most our pots and pans) are in storage so we utilized the internet.






What's turkey day without a nap!

To wrap up our day we put Christmas lights on our house.
What a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Psalm 100
"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness; come before His presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord He is God; it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture. 
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name. 
For the Lord is good
His mercy is everlasting and His truth endureth to all generations."

3 comments:

  1. Good entry, love the pictures. Yeah as families separate, it becomes a time to start new memories for YOUR family. Looks like y'all did a bang up job. The kids will remember for a long time.

    Then you ended up with my favorite Psalm of all time. Back when the Bible was a BIG part of public school, That was memory work in the 3rd grade. I wish that were true today.
    Sending love from Florida to a great family.
    Sherry & jack over and down here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jenn..love the pictures of your precious family. Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    We had all 4 of our kids here with 4 of our 5 grands....Now that's a first in a LONG time...I missed not having Abi here with Caleb and Adam had Amy here with him.(sort of girlfriend).
    And say hey to Jack69...I used to read his blog..
    Love From NC,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the family pictures. :) Glad y'all had a great thanksgiving! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete