Saturday, July 16, 2011

An Amazing Discovery


















Charcoal used medicinally has been around for centuries. I first read about charcoal and its healing potential in my "Beeyoutiful" catalog (see PAGE 4) that comes to my house quarterly. The author told her story of how she healed a recluse spider bite using charcoal, essential oils and garlic. I'm a sucker for home remedies so I got on Amazon and ordered the book called Charcoal Remedies.com (also a website). I was amazed at the many things charcoal can do. The following is a list of uses for charcoal that I have used personally:

toothpaste (mix half and half with baking soda to whiten teeth and control plaque)
teething soother for baby
antacid
poultice on sore muscles/joints
swelling
to sooth tummy aches

From what I've studied, charcoal is used primarily to reduce inflammation or to remove a toxin or poison. You may or may not know that some household water filters are made from charcoal. Also if your child has swallowed a chemical they may remove the poison using charcoal in the ER. I could write over a dozen stories of personal testimonies but I will close with just a couple. The first testimony involves my brother's dog, Rich. Jon got home from his summer vacation and his dog was healthy and happy. That same night however, he found that Rich's eye had swollen to about the size of a silver dollar.


Jon applied a charcoal poultice to the swelled area and it completely disappeared overnight! These are the before and after photos.



One more testimony: A guy that my husband works with called him one night to ask for some medical advice. His mother in law was in town from Brazil. She didn't really have money to go to the emergency room but couldn't wait until she got back home to see her doctor. His mother in law had some kind of unexplained lump growing ON her eye. It was causing irritation and redness. We recommended she try a charcoal poultice. Even after one application of the charcoal her eye felt better. I'm not sure of how many poultices she had to apply but she is now a believer in charcoal as the lump disappeared completely!
I always take charcoal with me wherever I go. If my children get car sick I make them a slurry which they drink and their little stomachs are soothed. It is odorless and has no taste. It is a little gritty but my children have never had trouble swallowing it.
Charcoal is messy but you can buy it in tablet or capsule form if you don't want to deal with the mess.

I recommend that if you're interested do research for yourself! I love home remedies and plan to post personal experiences periodically.

I feel I should write a disclaimer here... I am not a medical professional, just someone that does research. If you have questions seek professional help. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment