Saturday, April 21, 2012

Best Oatmeal Bar Recipe Ever

First, I'd like to take credit for this delicious recipe but I cannot. My sister made these bars for me. She got the recipe from Casey our sister-in-law who got the recipe from a girl named Licia who possibly got the recipe from someone named Anna. Where the original recipe came from I do not know. I just know it needs to be passed on! You must know that it tastes like chocolate oatmeal cookies but is much more complicated to make. Yay! Here's my version:

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter
2 cups peanut butter
4 eggs
1 cup of honey (original recipe calls for 1c brown sugar and 1c white sugar)
1 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
1 cup nuts of your choice, I use walnuts (optional)
6 cups oatmeal (I use old fashioned)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees
Go ahead and melt butter

In separate bowl mix one cup of oats with 1 tsp baking soda
In large bowl mix together PB, eggs, butter, honey, and vanilla

Next stir in oat and baking soda mixture and nuts and chocolate chips.
Add in the rest of the oatmeal one cup at a time.


Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. I use Reynolds Wrap non-stick Pan Lining Paper. This stuff is a God-send if you know what I mean... probably toxic it just works so well!

 Smoosh the mixture in the pan and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
 Here is the mixture I made earlier and smooshed into my lined Pampered Chef Stoneware:


Let it cool and cut it into bars. This is a great snack for road trips or when you need breakfast on the go.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??? LOL
    The recipe sounds and looks delicious.

    have a great Sunday.
    From North Carolina (for now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen,
    Sounds great and looks great...Missed you when you
    and kiddos were here in NC being sick...I was off to Phoenix,AZ for a visit with an old friend....Wish I would have been able to see you when you were only an hr. away...
    Love ya girl,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete