Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

This is such a sweet children's book. It's about a boy that wakes up with gum in his hair and the rest of the day follows much the same way... terrible, horrible, no good and very bad. Alexander has nothing on the day I had yesterday!  Yesterday I started my day at 1:30 in the morning when my toddler woke up and would not go back to sleep. Apparently he thought it was time to get up and start the day. I brought him to bed with me and he fell asleep around 3:30 only to wake up at 5:30 and thus started my terrible, horrid, no good, very BAD DAY!!!

I foolishly decided to take said toddler to the grocery store with his 3 older siblings. My first mistake (after the mistake of going out at all) was to pick the grocery cart that I like to call the limo. It's the "fun" cart with a child's seat added to the front of it, making it twice as long and twice as hard to maneuver! I did manage after forgetting my phone and list at home, to get everything I needed and make my way to the check out line. I chose the shortest line and boy, was that a mistake! The cashier was new, and slow. By the time it was my turn to check out I was frazzled with a screaming toddler almost too tired to keep his eyes open, 2 children buckling themselves into the toddler seat causing the toddler to scream even louder and a 4th child trying to get her fingers caught in the rotating belt. I still managed to smile and laugh and sing a little, none of which made me look any less of a moron parent obviously not controlling her children!

Here are my four little darlings: 


The day did not get any better. I continued on in a fog of sleepiness/grumpiness and Phillip kept his grumpy mood all day. Thank goodness that bad day is gone and I survived, my kids survived and that's all we did! Survive!

Here is Phillip, he will be 2 in a week:


I do plan to post about what we've been up to in the last few months. House selling/farm buying that's where we've been but that is for a later post! Thank you Jack 69 and Sandy Gross for following along with us in our adventures through life! What a wonderful life it is!

2 comments:

  1. I guess you wear an 'S' on your hidden 'T' shirt! You are amazing. I hope the evening is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you my dear friend....You are a spectacular Mommy!!!!!
    Wish we still visited...Loved the Season the Lord gave us to see each other often...Maybe I can get some funds togetherand stop through Colo. to visit....
    Love from NC

    ReplyDelete